Sunday 18 October 2009

Trying something new

At the writing group on Monday we discussed poetry and in particular Haiku, which is a three lined verse of five, seven and five syllables per line. So I thought I'd go public on my first attemtp at a Haiku, which was inspired by a photograph I took this week.



Fields of mist at dawn

And a chorus of bird song

Lifts your heart all day

If you want to find out more about the writing group then we now have a newly acquired website thanks to Judith at www.cwrtnewyddscribblers.webs.com

4 comments:

  1. wonderful photograph and lovely poem. i hope to see more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judith, I wish today was as beautiful, instead of wet and miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first heard of a Haiku back in the summer - in Italy - and now I am determined to have a go.
    I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sharon, I'd never heard of one either!!

    ReplyDelete