Saturday 24 October 2009

Turning Back Time

It is the weekend when the clocks go back for winter and right now the wind is howling around the house, leaving me in no doubt the winter is approaching.




What most people say when talking about the clocks going back is 'an extra hour in bed', but have you thought what it means to farmers who have animals who need routines? Try getting a cow up for milking early or arriving late and you will understand. So this evening milking will start half an hour later and by tomorrow morning the cows will think we are only half an hour late.




I plan to use my extra hour writing. What will you be doing with yours?

1 comment:

  1. i hardly noticed i had an extra hour. i should have worked on my manuscript but ive had computer trouble this weekend and spent it tearing my hair out instead. hope your cunning plan managed to fool the cows :D

    ReplyDelete