Monday 1 March 2010

Signs of Spring

Today is St David's Day or Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant and I wanted to share with you the signs that spring is just around the corner, despite the ever recurring snow we have experienced this winter.



As I took this photograph earlier, birds were singing and a woodpecker was relentlessly tapping away. The sun was warm, banishing the frost to the shadows of the hedgerows and all around I could hear the bleating of lambs.



I couldn't resist taking this photograph either, of a lamb soaking up the early morning sunshine.


Much to my disappointment, the daffodils around the farm haven't flowered yet. Usually they are out for St David's Day, although the snowdrops and crocuses have been a little braver. Have you seen any daffodils in flower yet?

1 comment:

  1. only in my conservatory :( but the outdoor ones wont be long if all this sunshine lasts. Happy St DAvid's day! see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete