Wednesday 2 June 2010

Back in Time

At the weekend I visited the gardens of a local mansion which was having an open day. The sun shone and everything looked lush and green, complimenting the provision of colour from the a wide range of flowers. This one caught my eye and when I stood close it smelt divine. Not being a very good gardener (although I try) I asked what it was - an Azalea. Now I just need to find out exactly which one and whether it would stand up to being in my garden.




On my walk around the garden I saw many interesting things, like this eighteenth century bath house. Not quite as bathrooms are today.



It was the stables that interested me most. As a horse lover I can just imagine these full of horses. The date on the outside of the building was 1810.










Then I found this oven as I peeped into an abandoned cottage. I wonder who used it last and when?
















I just love going to places full of history, I can't help but think about all the people who have lived and worked there.

No comments:

Post a Comment